Smart Stash bags are smell-proof because of their activated charcoal filter lining.
Activated carbon charcoal is treated for increased surface area. Carbon is extremely porous and chemically binds odor particles to its pores — making carbon lined bags highly effective at absorbing smells.
Think of an activated carbon filter as a vacuum that sucks up smell particles as air passes through. When odor molecules come into contact with the activated carbon, they are trapped and locked within the carbon pores.
Frequently Asked Questions
The activated carbon filter needs to be directly exposed to odors. The mesh allows odors direct contact with the carbon lining.
Don't get the inside of your smellproof bag wet. The carbon fiber lining is not waterproof.
While you cannot replace the carbon lining, you can reactivate your smell proof bag by turning the bag inside out and placing under sunlight or in the dryer on light heat for 10 minutes.
The default code is 0-0-0. Here is how to set your desired code:
1. Place dials at 0-0-0.
2. Press down the pin-sized reset button on top of the lock, until you hear a "click" sound.
3. Turn the dials to your desired code (for example, 8-8-8).
4. Push in the main button in direction of arrow (as if you were opening the lock).
5. You should hear a "click" sound again; now the reset button is back in place.
Your new code is now set.
To re-set the combination to another code, simply set the dials to your current code instead of 0-0-0, and repeat the above steps.
You can re-set the combination using the same method used to originally set your code:
1. Place dials at your current combination (for example: 8-8-8).
2. Press the reset button on top of lock using a paperclip or thin object until you hear a "click" sound.
3. Turn the dials to your new desired combination.
4. Push the main button in as if you were going to open the lock.
5. You should hear another "click" sound, and the reset button will return to its original position.