How Do Smart Stash Bags Work?
Smart Stash smell proof products are manufactured to completely eliminate odors.
Our proprietary carbon lining features activated carbon charcoal which is treated for increased surface area. Carbon is extremely porous and chemically binds odor particles to its pores.
Think of an activated carbon filter as a vacuum that sucks up smell particles as air passes through. When odor molecules come into contact with the activated carbon, they are trapped and locked within the carbon pores.
Smart Stash bags contain millions of micropores — to absorb the dankest of smells. You can't and won't smell a thing. No one knows or has the slightest clue what's inside.
The activated carbon filter needs to be directly exposed to odors. The mesh allows odors direct contact with the carbon lining.
Don't get the inside of your smellproof bag wet. The carbon fiber lining is not waterproof.
The bags are reusable and can be reactivated if necessary, essentially lasting a lifetime of continual use. While you cannot replace the carbon lining, you can reactivate your smell proof bag by turning the bag inside out and placing under sunlight or in the dryer on light heat for 10 minutes. Depending on your use, you can easily go up to a year or more without having to reactivate your lining.
The default code is 0-0-0. Here is how to set your desired code:
1. Place dials at 0-0-0.
2. Press down the pin-sized reset button on top of the lock, until you hear a "click" sound.
3. Turn the dials to your desired code (for example, 8-8-8).
4. Push in the main button in direction of arrow (as if you were opening the lock).
5. You should hear a "click" sound again; now the reset button is back in place.
Your new code is now set.
You can re-set the combination using the same method used to originally set your code:
1. Place dials at your current combination (for example: 8-8-8).
2. Press the reset button on top of lock using a paperclip or thin object until you hear a "click" sound.
3. Turn the dials to your new desired combination.
4. Push the main button in as if you were going to open the lock.
5. You should hear another "click" sound, and the reset button will return to its original position.
If you have any more questions, please contact us.